Good question! Listed below are the key driving variables we use to calculate your program discount. Research has shown that these driving behaviors may increase the chance of having an accident. By adjusting your driving habits based on the feedback you receive from your Automatic smartphone app, you may improve your safe driving behavior and boost your program discount. Please keep in mind that even if your driving behavior doesn't result in the highest discount of 40%, KnowYourDrive gives you an advantage by helping you learn safer driving habits while empowering you to save on your car insurance.
- Hours Driven – Measures how much the vehicle is driven.
- Sudden Braking – Measures those times when the vehicle stops or slows down very abruptly.
- Sudden Acceleration – Measures those times when the vehicle accelerates very quickly from a stop or while driving.
- Evening driving – Measures the total driving time that occurs between the hours of 6 p.m. and 12 a.m.
- Late night driving – Measures the total driving time that occurs between the hours of 12 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- City driving – Measures the amount of time spent driving at a speed less than 45 mph.
- High Speed – The program uses approximately 80 mph (85 mph if you have enrolled in KnowYourDrive in Idaho, Nevada, South Dakota, and Utah) as the threshold for high speed.